It’s been awhile loves. My absence from here has been a multitude of things. A time to reflect on the meaning of why I do this site. Pondering what to do with the future in regards to content and writing. My real hope in going forward with this site is expansion. Before my hiatus I ventured into writing about comics, and I’m fairly pleased with the outcome, as much as it popcorned a bit. I’d like to write more on that subject and other mediums of art and media, like television and possibly literature. I’d also like to make a more interactive environment, as well as bring in guest writers/bloggers. So, with that said, if you are interested in being a contributor, shoot me a email and we’ll talk.
For a quick update on what I have seen lately but have not written about:
- Captain America 2- See it. Best MCU film yet. Others, take note.
- Transcendence- See it. Slow paced, smart Sci-Fi.
- Neighbors- Skip it. Mildly humorous, but laughs few and far between.
- Godzilla- See it. Though you may feel like there is not enough of everyone’s favorite monster, this ‘Zilla will make you scrub any memory of Matthew Broderick away.
- Amazing Spidey 2- See it. Plot a little bloated at times, but great villains entertain and Peter/Gwen chemistry will make you cry.
- X-Men: DOFP: See it. How a Marvel film should be. Enjoyed it more than The Avengers.
- Maleficent: Rent it. Where plot and Disney silliness fail, Angie carries.
- Edge of Tomorrow: See it. A popcorn thriller with brains. A popcorn thriller with brains. A popcorn thriller with brains.
Now for some cool stuff- Did you see The Lego Movie? Of course you did. Everything about it was, indeed, awesome! And Warner Bros. and the awesome people at Partners Hub want you to bring the awesomeness home with you. They want to give you a Blu-Ray copy of the movie, sent directly to your door, for free. Pretty simple- Using the app below, make a six-second Lego gif (get creative with it!), which will be instantly posted to Youtube. Once made, Post the link to your video and your main email adress in the comments below. Best .gif wins. Awesome, huh?
Now the boring stuff you need to know-
- Contest will end
June, 25thJune 30th on TMTB. I must have the winners shipping info by July 3rd. If you do not respond to my email within two days of sending, I will send a winner announcement to the second-runner up. And so on, so the first person to respond gets the prize of Lego goodness. So don’t be pissed off if you email me in two months and I inform you it’s too late.
- No Facebook comments/messenger addresses will be taken. An example: The winner of The Conjuring contest was sent a message that way and it went directly into their “other” box and I’m guessing they still don’t know. Ridiculous Facebook feature in some aspects, I know.
- Suggested by PartnerHub: Each household is only eligible to win The Lego Movie Blu-Ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
- Farts are not eligible for entry. Yes, I know you consider them ghost of yourself, but I am not a believer in ghost. I am a believer in your sulfurous gases forcibly escaping your bum, but that is no excuse to think you can submit multiple times.
Alright, so… after some difficulty, if you click on the photo below, you’ll be linked to someone else’s blog who can actually get their app to work. If you want to be entered here, just comment below with your link on THIS site. Have fun readers.